Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Toots Thielemans and Stevie Wonder

The singer is Trijntje Oosterhuis.

There are actually two videos of her with Toots, and they present a
contrast in the delivery of improvised obbligatos. In "God Bless the
Child," he's on the money, finds his slot, and delivers the goods
admirably. In the other one, "What the World Needs Now", at first he
can't seem to quite find his way into his particular pocket in the
arrangement, what with the vocals (and backing singers) and the
string-orchestra-with-conductor. As always he does find his way after
some tentative probing, but it's not as smooth a ride as it sometimes
is.

There are several videos of Trijntje Oosterhuis on Youtube, mostly in
English but a few in Dutch as well.

Winslow