[Harp-L] Re: Spiral tuning translation

For those who can't read German, I translated the parts of the page. I had no clue what the German words "Dur" and "Moll" mean, but I found a cool page that translates music terms from a variety of languages. It is http://www.cadenza.org/glossary/search.cgi
  "Dur" means "major" and "Moll" means "minor"
  Here it is, I apologize ahead of time if I've translated something poorly.
  Spiral tuning (also called circular letter tuning) means the arrangement of a scale on the usual blow and draw sequence without interuption. By removing interuptions, the circles from an octave change the blow/draw direction. If one visualizes this, the image of a spiral results.
  Two characteristics arise as a result of the tone distrubution.
  1_ The allocation of major and minor scale on the change results in that all scale chords are playable.

   For example: Beispiel: C, C6, C7+, Dm, Dm7, Em, Em7, F, F6, F7+, G, G6, G7, Am, Am7, Hdim
            Spiralstimmung    Kanal  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10    Blastöne  c  e  g  h  d  f  a  c  e  g    Ziehtöne  d  f  a  c  e  g  h  d  f  a
  2) Two patterns for each scale, which alternate from octave to octave, develops. Here, an example of the minor pentatonic scale:                      Pattern I  Pattern II  Pattern I        Kanal  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10    Blastöne  7  2  4  6  1  3  5  7  2  4    Ziehtöne  1  3  5  7  2  4  6  1  3  5                   Pattern I  Pattern II  Pattern I

  C.A. Seydel followed me with this structure, but decided on another designation: with Seydel the Spiral harmonica is called the circular. The Seydel arrangement here is called "Circular G" after the note designation of 1 blow. That says nothing about the scale it is based on. (Note from Dave, the G circular, is in the C scale).