Re: [Harp-L] question about seydel harps

Actually the correct screwdriver for the cover plates screws is the PZ0, included in the Seydel basic toolkit, and available as an individual order for $5.95, plus ship ( item #900306). I find the best screwdriver for the reedplate screws is the PZ1. Currently Seydel does not offer that for sale, but both or either are pretty available and WIHA makes great ones. A small phillips head driver (#0, or even 1) and will work if you are careful (hold it all the way into the screw and make that pressure the priority while you loosen or tighten), and you can modify the tip by grinding/sanding/filing perpendicular to the shaft, so as to make the tip more "snubnosed", and then it will work even better.

Rupert Oysler
www.seydelusa.com

drori hammer wrote:
Hi
  I recently bought a few Seydel diatonic harps , and I am so far VERY pleased with them. I have one problem however, and maybe someone on this list can help me out. I cannot find the right screwdriver to remove the coverplates (for gapping and such) - I have tried several different sizes of phillips -head screwdrivers , as well as regular (straight)headed  ones, and nothing works. (I have one 1847, one "Solist pro" and one "Black favorite", and have the same problem with all three) - any suggestions?
  Thanks!

Dov Hammer www.dovhammer.com www.myspace.com/dovhammer