[Harp-L] Harp Holders

The best picture that I found of the recommended K & M holder was at
http://www.chappellofbondstreet.co.uk/product.php?product_id=KM-16415-HAR-HOL

I was amused by the harp that they used, a chromatic with a button.....and no way to push it.

They also had the harp in the holder with the clamp near the mouthpiece and most of the harp hanging out the back. It seems obvious to me that the photographer had never played a harp on that holder and did not understand that the clamp is designed to grasp the flare of the covers at the rear.

If the K & M or any other inexpensive rack meets your requirements, then there is no reason to buy one of my Ergonomic-Neck-Racks (ENR). I would think long and hard before coughing up $200 for something with a $20 alternative. The most satisfied users of wire racks have bent them around to put the harp in the desired playing position. You could bend up ten wire racks before you spent the price of an ENR. But.....diatonic players are experts in bending. ;o)

I have parts for about a dozen ENRs in my garage but I won't miss any meals if I don't sell them.

However, I designed the ENR for my own use and for other users of the Hands-Free-Chromatic. Several diatonic players saw it and inquired if it could be used for diatonics. In response, I changed the design of the clamps to accommodate not one but two diatonics. There is a small but satisfied group of diatonic players that use the ENR.

You can hold a free harp in your most comfortable playing position and adjust the ENR to hold it securely there. I'm not sure that you can do that with any other holder.

If you purchase one, experience buyer's remorse, and return it within a month, I'll refund the entire price. During that time you can use it, compare it with other holders, or copy it. I have had to make good on that guarantee only once.

Vern
Visit my harmonica website www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com