Re: [Harp-L] Re: Bendometer

I first found bendometer a couple of months ago and loved it.I paid up and downloaded it and it worked fine until i bought a new computer running Vista.No go at worst,erratic at best.
Joel did reply to my e mail re this but he could only say that it 'should 'work under vista' ......mmmmmm!
I spent hours trying different Java apps etc and in the end i gave up and emailed Joel again.
His reply was that he is now too busy with job and family to spend any time on bendometer,fair enough i suppose, but he is taking money for a program that doesn't seem to work for a lot of people.
To be fair he did refund my money,but i'd much rather have the program,in one week i lifted my bending skills a whole notch using it.Seeing the harp layout makes it more intuitive than just using a tuner.
I wish someone could take it over and get it working (Santa..;-) )
Rick
in NZ

I could not make it work either, got no responses to emails.
Too bad because it would be a great tool. I gave up trying.
Someone suggested maybe I should Paypal some money and I might get a
password emailed to me.
If you are successful, please email me.
It's a very nice and useful tool, when it works. It only works free
about five times, then you must pay. You don't buy buy it when you pay,
you get to use it for a period of time, then it quits working until you
pay again. I've paid twice through the years. It doesn't work for me
now. He does not respond to emails, at least he never answered any of
mine over the years.

It's Java, should be cross platform but it doesn't work under Linux
because it does registry stuff in windows to make it not work unless you
pay. I bought a new computer, it came with Vista which hasn't worked
with any old Java software. I gave up on it and went back to Linux.

To make a long story short. It's a nice program, when it works. It is
not free, that's OK. I've paid twice. It's worth it but since I have my
doubts about it working under Vista, and doesn't work with Linux, which
I use 99.9% of the time I probably will give up on it.  I don't want to
pay for something that may not work since he does not respond to email.

If you have Windows XP, it will probably work (worked for me in the
past), it's worth the money. That is if you are willing to put up with
it sometimes not working and having it stop working in a year if you
don't pay again.

Peace and music,
Dave