Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Rocket #9 review - Citybeat

These are extremely accurate reviews of the new Jason Ricci & New Blood  CD.
It's the first Professionally produced CD done by the band...the sound  is
crystal clear (John Porter really knows his stuff).....and, of
course...showcases songs and instrumentals created by Jason and New  Blood....songwriters,
singers and musicians.

I took one of my copies to the Garden State Harmonica Festival and let
Richard of Harp Depot have a listen (in between his very busy chores).  I  already
knew Richard was a fan. His reaction, after I believe he only had  time for
one quick run through, sitting out in the cold listening on his car  stereo was
that "it was the first time he'd ever heard the band sound like  that!", and
is now anxious to get his own copy.

While the other reviews here are on target, Blake's is especially  unselfish
because his is coming from a fellow performer. Blake's  own beautifully
written and sung from his two-man group 46 Long, very  moving,  'East 13' is the
opening song on my own myspace  site...and he could just as easily have succumbed
to the petty jealousies so  often exhibited between fellow musicians.  He
never has and doesn't,  but instead provides an honest review of a brilliant new
CD.   Yes...Quel Surprise...it's a Blake Taylor Song, not a Jason Ricci song
I've had  as my "theme" for a long time, now.

The most important thing to remember (to those who express resentment  over
the accolades given to Jason Ricci on this list) is that they are  done so
precisely because he IS a member of this list.  One who has "done  good".

And those of us who have watched him in awe struggle along day after  day of
his 300+ days a year on the road, most often being paid less for his gigs
than it costs his band to get to those very gigs...take a great deal of  pride in
his accomplishments.  He's long been an unselfish contributor  to this list
and to whatever charitable endeavours he can possibly participate  in...a good
friend with enormous talent, so it's especially gratifying  to finally witness
'outside' recognition of the abilities of such  a brilliant harmonica player,
this time one of our  own.

My only disappointment at any Harmonica Convention is when Jason isn't part
of it, since he brings such liveliness and excitement to the events.

The Rocket No. 9 CD release tour is still ongoing...catch JR and the  band if
they'll be in your neck of the woods. I can absolutely  guarantee you will
not be disappointed.

Elizabeth

"Message: 13