Re: [Harp-L] Choose Your Weapon

Hi Eugene,

    I saw your post and the reference to Larry Marks. I only play half-valved diatonics and like Larry play mostly in 2nd position, but also in 12th and 5th. The discussion about fully chromatic plying on a diatonic has been discussed in great length on Harp-l. If it means being able to play fluidly in any key on one harmonica than I don't qualify...however playing  chromatic scales in tune  is more than doable on a half valved diatonic. I would be happy to send you a sample  of this offlist.

PT Gazell
pt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.ptgazell.com
www.myspace.com/ptgazell

  Larry Marks writes about playing chromatically on a half-valved
  diatonic....Very interesting Larry, I've never heard that approach
  taken to full chromaticism.  I would sometimes valve the 2 blow on a
  diatonic instead of playing a 1 hole overblow.  Would you be on for
  providing a sample (offlist if you like) of something showing the
  valved bends, maybe a chromatic scale or something like that, to hear
  what the approach is like?  I'd appreciate it.  If not, that's ok - I
  realise it's a bit forward of me to ask.