[Harp-L] re: Is the Micro Pog as good as the Pog

To answer the subject line, it would appear that the micro-POG (to use typical synth-geek terms I'll call it the u-POG from here out) is simply a cut-down version of the larger pedal. I would expect the effects engine (the basic octaver chip set and coding) to be the same as the POG, but they've left out certain features. These would include the filter, the second octave set, and the detuned first and second octaves. Also, they've switched to knobs instead of sliders (which are slightly more expensive, IIRC).

If you want a simple pedal which does sub and super octaves of the signal with excellent polyphonic tracking, the u-POG would seem to be a very nice alternative to the larger POG and HOG boxes--especially if you're just starting to experiment with octavers and aren't sure how much you'll use one. If you want more options, then the bigger ones would probably be a better choice. Like most similar things (such as the MiniMoog) EH has probably put the most used features of these units into a smaller, more marketable and portable version. And cheaper, of course.

Hope this helps.

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () `----'