Re: [Harp-L] Loud band

I really, really hate playing at very high volumes.  At some point, I start to feel like the only way I can make the band sound better is to stop playing--in other words, to avoid making it louder still.

That said, I have played with some very loud bands in the last few years.  I just didn't enjoy those gigs as much as I could have.  And I REALLY hate it when the band sounds fine in the first set, and then turns up twice as loud for the second set.  It's like someone you know and love turning into a werewolf before your eyes.

I appreciate that gear is available that will allow a harp player to achieve near-infinite loud-ity.  If it gets louder than I can put through a PA with my RP200, which is the most feedback-resistant system I have ever owned, then it's just too damn loud.

Thanks, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter
harmonica blog at myspace.com/richardhunterharp