Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica in the Mexican Revolution

I'll think about that and see what I can remember. The only reference I can think of right now is fictional, the movie ''Once Upon a Time in the West,'' where Charles Bronson plays the harmonica throughout the movie, which I believe is set during the mexican revolution. I'm thinking Hohner made a harmonica especially for Mexico around that time. It is possible that the French overlords introduced the harmonica in the 1860s to Mexico City, if it hadn't already worked its way down from the U.S. by then.

I'll do some more thinking about this...

Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com .