Re: [Harp-L] amp recommendation for loud band

I play in a band where the guitarist plays with an 80-Watt Twin cranked, the bass player uses an SVT with the full 8 x 10" cab cranked up and the drummers got a 26" kick, 15" rack and 18" floor tom, all which he punishes. I play a Sonny Jr. 410 with a little help from a Kinder Anti-Feedback box and keep up with the group. It is the loudest band I've ever played with, and I've played with some loud bands. Not only does the SJR 410 keep up, it maintains its complex and beefy sound in the thick of it all, and with the help of the KAF box I can use some delay and verb, devices that usually up the feedback ante, without a problem. It's a gnarly sound and the visceral thump is insane. I have never regretted buying the SJR for one second and am damn proud to have an amp that can keep up in the jacked up rock volume world and sound and look so damn good doing it. That's by no means the only situation I use the SJR 410 in, but it is the most extreme volume test.

Vince Meghrouni