[Harp-L] Re: amp recommendation for loud band

Whatever amp you get, I'd also have a mic with a volume control.  Not an
on/off switch but an actual volume control.  You'll be able to maximize
your amp's output by learning how to play the volume control to match your
phrasing.  You can inch it past feedback while you're playing and a signal
is going through as long as you kick it back when not playing.  This helps
work or drive the speakers and toughen the tone.  At the hint of feed back
you can cut it back.  I'm not fond of the Sure Green Bullet volume
location or that the cord is "Hard Wired" into the mic, but I love the
element inside.  I put it into an Astatic, (like Hohner's Blues Blaster)
casing that has the volume outside of where the cord plugs in, pinky
accessible.

Great guitar Amps, like the Fender Bassman, seems to make pretty good
Harmonica Amps.  Use your ears, it all comes down to taste.  You'll need
to test it with the band before buying.  Playing alone at the store or in
a garage won't tell you what you need to know.

Good luck,

Clay

--
*ToST Music site, Shows, Tours, Recordings, Rock & Roll/Blues/Harmonica
Adventures:

***For The Leadership Ranch, Low and High Ropes/challenge/team and personal
effectiveness courses:
http://www.leadershipranch.com

Clayton Goldstein
500 Lake Ave  #13