[Harp-L] RE: Harpgear and Meteor amps

Hi Craig.  The HG30 is going to be closer to the Mini Meat.  It is a 30W cathode biased amp which can use the stock setup of 6L6 tubes or you can use 6V6 tubes in it for less power.  It is the one Charlie Musselwhite is currently using for his shows.  The Double Trouble is a fixed bias 2x 6V6 amp 18W amp.  I am sure there are plenty of people out there that can offer you opinions on both.  I just wanted to give you a heads up on the HG30 so you could check it out too.

  Thanks!

  BrianP

  Hello all,
I'm planning on shelling out for a "harp" amp and narrowed it down to
either the Harpgear Double Trouble or the Meteor Mini Meat as I use
small-medium amps for 95% of jobs.
I have personally never heard either amp live and could use some advice
from you who have on the sound qualities of these amps. I have heard
them both on their respective websites but it is difficult to compare
recordings.
I would appreciate any comparison information that you could supply
 like
Bass response, clean to dirty settings, horn/honk, cut, ability to get
dirty sound at low volumes, or any other information that you can
provide.

Thanks!
Craig

Brian Purdy