Subject: [Harp-L] Fw: From Cathi Norton. Celebration of life for Gary Primich

That's just beautiful, Jack.  Couldn't have been said any better or  more
meaningfully.  By anyone.

My memories of Gary will be forever linked with 2006 Denver SPAH, and some
not-so-great photos I took at the Harp Blow-off the night before. I'm glad I
got  the chance to see him play.

Elizabeth

********************

Hi all,

Cathi asked me to post this on  Harp-L

Jack

----- Forwarded Message ----
From:  "norton.catherine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <norton.catherine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  jelybshc@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:32:34 AM

- - -  - -
Hello friends...I just returned from a celebration of  life ceremony for my
beloved friend, Gary Primich.  I had many bad nights  before the occasion as
his loss has cost me more than I can express.  His  ex-wife Tina, his family and
so many musicians who loved him, threw a tremendous  bash where everyone
played music together (wonderful!) and traded stories and  salutes.  It amazes me
how his life touched so many, and it alternately  angers and wounds me that he
had to go this way.  He would have hated this  departure style, believe me.
 Nick Curran, Juke Logan, Ted Roddy,  Steve James, Mike Buck, Shorty Lenoir,
Jeff Minnick...a long list of folks came  to view a great gallery of pictures
and posters Juke put together for the  occasion, catch up with old friends and
shake their heads at the slippery slope  lurking in the background for all of
us -- perhaps especially musicians.   Charlie Musselwhite sent a letter to be
read about his sorrow at the news;  and
many others on tour sent word as well.  Gary's family, Jack, Darsha,  John,
and Tracy were there and amazed at the love that poured out for  Gary.  His dad
Jack laughed, "I've been able to see Gary in some of the  biggest dives I've
ever visited!" and then in a quiet voice, "And I've been able  to say --
'That's my son!'"    Somebody's brother, somebody's lover,  husband, son, harp
hero, vulnerable human, and just about everyoone's friend, at  last Gary's parked
that harp and become history.  But he would have wanted  to say thanks...to
everyone who loved him; to everyone that ever did--or  will--admire his playing,
and shares the flat-out passion he had for all things  harmonica.  I hope
he's remembered for that most of all...not that he went  walking on the slippery
slope and forgot to wear Velcro shoes.
Cathi  Norton
- - -  -