----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "norton.catherine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <norton.catherine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: jelybshc@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:32:34 AM

- - - - -
     Hello friends...I just returned from a celebration of life ceremony for my beloved friend, Gary Primich.  I had many bad nights before the occasion as his loss has cost me more than I can express.  His ex-wife Tina, his family and so many musicians who loved him, threw a tremendous bash where everyone played music together (wonderful!) and traded stories and salutes.  It amazes me how his life touched so many, and it alternately angers and wounds me that he had to go this way.  He would have hated this departure style, believe me.    Nick Curran, Juke Logan, Ted Roddy, Steve James, Mike Buck, Shorty Lenoir, Jeff Minnick...a long list of folks came to view a great gallery of pictures and posters Juke put together for the occasion, catch up with old friends and shake their heads at the slippery slope lurking in the background for all of us -- perhaps especially musicians.  Charlie Musselwhite sent a letter to be read about his sorrow at the news; and
 many others on tour sent word as well.  Gary's family, Jack, Darsha, John, and Tracy were there and amazed at the love that poured out for Gary.  His dad Jack laughed, "I've been able to see Gary in some of the biggest dives I've ever visited!" and then in a quiet voice, "And I've been able to say -- 'That's my son!'"    Somebody's brother, somebody's lover, husband, son, harp hero, vulnerable human, and just about everyone's friend, at last Gary's parked that harp and become history.  But he would have wanted to say thanks...to everyone who loved him; to everyone that ever did--or will--admire his playing, and shares the flat-out passion he had for all things harmonica.  I hope he's remembered for that most of all...not that he went walking on the slippery slope and forgot to wear Velcro shoes.
Cathi Norton
- - - -