Re: [Harp-L] practice harps

In my previous post on this matter I talked about playing for Nashville record producers, and limiting one's playing for them.

Live playing's a whole different number. I played in tonks all over the South in all manner of country bands. In that situation I played what I damn well pleased, fourth hole draw and all, and the audiences loved it and didn't think twice about whether it sounded correct because of course it did. It was funky and swinging and entertaining, as were the amazing bands I worked with.

I was the fifth wheel in alot of bands. That is, my friends could've easily done the gigs without a harp player, but once an audience heard me I was part of the attraction of that band and it helped us keep jobs that other bands that didn't have a harp player wanted badly.

Alot of us on this list could say the same thing.

In a live situation, play what you want unless the guy who is paying you says otherwise.