Re: [Harp-L] EV RE10 cable issue resolved

you will find a very substatial volume difference from your crystal you may even get feedback at quite low volume.  you might want to swap the pre amp tubes to a lower gain from 12ax7 to 12ay7 or 12aU7 or a combination. you may want to buy 3 of each and experiment with diffent combinations to find your favorite sound.  not sure what type of rectifier is in the blues jr but if it is tube and if it is a 5ar4 you may want to try a 5U4 you will be able to get the volume higher before feedback an get a really nice warm crunchy tone.  also if it has a pair of EL-84 Groove Tubes power tubes.  Grove tubes suck IMHO get some better ones.  i liked my blues jr very much it was a very strong output and i rarely had to mic it.

----- Original Message ----
From: "venkyr@xxxxxxx" <venkyr@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2007 7:35:29 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] EV RE10 cable issue resolved

Dear List,
Thanks to all those who posted their response. At a local music store I was able to find a product manufactured by Audio-Technica (Lo-Hi impedance transformer) that works great with EV RE-10s (part no. AT8202 and/or CP8201) As rightly pointed out, EV RE-10 are no longer in production.

I am still days away from figuring out the optimal dialing settings on my Fender Blues Amp with this new mic.