[Harp-L] Announcing A New Custon Harmonica

Hi List,

Johnny B here with an exciting new Marine Band 1896 harp on the market at a
very affordable price.  In collaboration and with the support of Joe Filisko
I introduce my contribution to the Harmonica aftermarket in the form of an
improved Marine Band 1896.

I was with Hohner for six years at the bench working with Sissi Jones and
Rick Epping. I repaired harps as well as tuned and checked new harps for
other Hohner endorsees. I am a professional blues player currently recording
a new album on the Big Mo Records Label w/ my band Johnny B and The Goodes.
I have given seminars at the Buckeye Festival and taught at numerous Filisko
Teach-ins at Buckeye and SPAH conventions.

These new harps are set up for blues and are tuned to Just Intonation, the
way Marine Bands used to be. All exposed edges on the reedplates and comb
are rounded. The pearwood comb is sealed. The customization process involves
a moderate amount of reedwork that includes accurate tuning using a Peterson
590 autostrobe tuner, reed curvature and gapping. Coverplates are reshaped
for maximum projection and drilled to fasten with machine screws.
All of the above are to Filisko specifications with the exception of
reedwork.

I offer these instruments as an accessible and more affordable alternative.
For an even more complete custom instrument I refer you to James (Jimmy)
Gordon. Jimmy offers a total custom Filisko Method instrument including the
reedwork, and supports me in this new endeavor as well.

Currently in stock and ready to ship are:
4 key of A
2 key of Bb
2 key of C
2 key of D

The price $85 plus insured shipping - $8 per harp and $1 each additional
Repairs are available - inquire

Email  Johnny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Check out my band website (in progress) http://www.johnnybblues.com

Cheers, Johnny