RE: [Harp-L] Anyone using Bendometer recently?

Mine works fine. Yes, it works better if you pay for it :^)  And it's
well worth the money. Sometimes the server is down but rarely, in which
case it won't connect. I don't like the fact that you have to have an
internet connection to use it each time so that it can "check for
updates" (really check that you paid since it hasn't been updated in
forever!). Really over this connection, if Joel was a bad guy, he could
steal stuff from your computer, etc. This is a dangerous thing to allow.
But Joel's a good guy from my dealings with him. He's slow to answer
emails.

A few other hints - if this doesn't work your desktop firewall program
(windows firewall, checkpoint, zonealarm, symantec client security, etc)
might be blocking Bendometer from accessing the internet, in which case
you will have to tell your firewall to trust this program (which is
java.exe, which is dangerous since now any java.exe will be trusted and
java is used for lots of stuff).

Also if it loads but doesn't register your notes when you play, make
sure your pc mic is connected and on, and go into the control panel to
make sure the correct mic is the default (you might have a mic on your
webcam, another mic built into the pc, etc).

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA