Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Never Call Out Stevie Wonder at a Blues Jam

Everybody's been there. I feel your pain brother.
When in doubt, build up from what the bass and drummer know. If the back line is good, everyone else can fall in.....or fall down  ;-)
One thing nice about playing a harp is that if you don't know the tune you can just not play until you find a passage you feel good about dropping into.
Pity the poor drummer stuck in a tune he/she doesn't know with nowhere to run and nowhere to hide....and they can't just "stop" playing.

-------------- Original message from EGS1217@xxxxxxx: --------------