[Harp-L] Little Walter's Influences

Isn't it documented somewhere that Little Walter said he listened to  sax for
inspiration - and Louis Jordan in particular? At least I remember  hearing
this a long time ago. Louis Jordan is an awesome writer, singer and sax  player
- many of his sax solos translate easily to harmonica and are based on  bluesy
ideas. I listened to a lot of Louis sax solos in the 90's for  inspiration.
Then one day I was listening to Little Walter and - pop - an  obvious Louis
Jordan riff popped up in Walter's solo. Unfortunately, I can't  remember for the
life of me exactly which song and which quote it was. I just  remember the
"aha" moment when pondering where ideas come from and how we all  share in the
creation pool.

The Iceman