[Harp-L] Berklee will be offering Jazz Harmonica studies with Hendrik Meurkens

Congratulations to Hendrik Meurkens, and kudos to Berklee for hiring him!

But he ain't the first harpmeister to grace the place.  I was doing it years ago, in 1971.  Yup.  Me.  Giving instructional harmonica to huge numbers of Berklee students.  In only my second year of playing!!   I'm so hot!!

And oh, those generous and insightful students of Berklee.  When they wanted to show me their appreciation, they went to such lengths, (excuse me, I'm choked up with emotion now).

Well, I suppose they figured any 15 year old street urchin who played harp with such zeal on afternoons outside their Back Bay dorm windows needed encouragement.  And they gave it, with stuff flying out the windows whenever I played.  They were so giving, and eager to learn.  Oh, how many times I heard them cry, "Please! Don't! Stop!"

Good luck Dr. Meurkens!  A tip: take a hard hat with you.

-Dave Fertig