Re: Re: [Harp-L] Re: future harmonicas and all that

"Haka Harri" <harri.haka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I know a blues purist who says that all essential stuff was
> > recorded
> > > before 1960. Who's to say he's right or wrong?
> >
> > i am.  he's wrong.
>
> I personally agree with you but "essential" is not measurable as is eg.
> how many recordings you made or sold. For someone, the forty or so
> Robert Johnson recordings might be the only essential thing in music.

i came at it a different way.  if your friend was correct, that'd imply that the
blues was finished as an art form in 1960, that not one single essential piece
has been recorded in the 47 years since then.  i think by most reasonable
standards, that's absurd.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.