Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: chrome polish

Marvelous and useful tips...thanks very much!

Rex "Rich" Tobago
Reed wheezer and metal tarnisher

On May 28, 2007, at 2:44 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

I've written about the polish I use - MAAS ...for all my harmonicas (chromatics as well)...enough times here. It was developed by a housewife (their story goes) in response to the over-toxicity of other metal/jewelry cleaner, and has been specifically described as working for musical instruments, including harmonicas.

Reading about Flitz..it seems to have much of the same properties, also working on plexiglas, plastics, glass, etc. I still wipe down any mouthpiece surface with 91% alcohol after (as well as using it as a cleanser before), just to be sure...but I've gotten tons of compliments on how brand-new my harmonicas look. This is the most recent link I found for it:
Click here: Maas Products cleans brass, cooper, Stainless steel, rust, tarnish, plastic pewter,

Elizabeth

"I've heard of Flitz being good for cymbals also.