Re: [Harp-L] Re: Superstars in pop/rock music

On May 27, 2007, at 10:48 PM, Joe and Cass Leone wrote:

On May 28, 2007, at 1:33 AM, Vince Meghrouni wrote:

Didn't much care for the musicians from the west coast, huh?

I guess you didn't like:

Charles Mingus......... Yes
Dexter Gordon............Yes
Art Pepper..................Yes

Now them yesses mean ya like I gots ta think...

Andrew Hill.................Don't know him

Worth a listen. Billy Higgins, Bobby Hutcherson, Joe Henderson played on a lot of his groundbreaking stuff...Ah...Joe Henderson, another West Coaster...

Eric Dolphy................." "

Worth a listen. Might be a little "out" fer ya...but one never knows, do one?

Harold Land..............." "

Played in one of the great Max Roach quintets with Clifford Brown...

Key words "Didn't MUCH care". In other words, Not totally didn't care, just not a lot of muchness of caring. :)
Notice that I liked the Grateful Dead. But the Jefferson multiple incarnations...No. Maybe didn't care was a bad term. A closer term would be I didn't FOLLOW them. Others I didn't follow were: Iron Butterfly, Led Zepplin, Zinc Centipede, Manganese Dirgible, Molybdenum Moth, Tin Blimp, Tungsten Roach, Brass Baloon, Copper Earwig, Monel Millipede.

Copyright them names...they're outta sight...

Well...to each his own, I guess.

I never understood that phrase. But then, I don't understand a lot of stuff.

Like...do your own thing type a thing I'd say...

Smokey-Joe & the Cafe s...JUST appeared Sundays at the "Lighthouse", Shell Point Marina, Sanibel Island Causeway, Ft. Myers Fla. Awwww shucks, ya missed it. Oh well, maybe next time..... :)