Re: [Harp-L] Enough please!

At 04:15 PM 5/27/2007, you wrote:

I'm taking all this mystic stuff with a grain of salt myself, but
come on, Jeff.  You can't drop "I personally think Western philosophy
has afforded us the greater civilization advances than any mysticism
can, but that debate belongs on a different list," seriously.  If you
don't think the topic belongs on this list, you definitely should not
have weighed in on it, which you undeniably did.  It's completely
hypocritical.  What, you want the last word?

I guess you're correct here.

 Everybody was.  If you
don't think the discussion should be on the list, just say that, but
don't thrown in your comment and complain about others who are
essentially doing the same thing.

What is "western philosophy", by the way?  Fascism?  Free love?
Scientology?  Pretty broad little term there, homes.

Now who's trying to get the last word?

All I meant by that statement was that Western philosophy from Aristotle and on has set the ground work for all the science we have today. The cure for polio, TB, and hundreds of other things has come from the ground work that western philosophy provides. Even the harp you play

P.S. " Fascism? Free love?
Scientology? comes from mysticism, not any form of rational western philosophies

The debate over philosophy ends here. I won't reply to any more post if it only about philosophy.