Re: [Harp-L] Enough please!

This is a harp mailing list, not Buddha's. I mean no offense to those who follow eastern philosophy. I myself like some of it. I just think it doesn't belong here.

After 10 years of taking the Harp-l Digest, I experimentally switched over to the non-digest form, and I've found that the subjects I'm not interested in are easily weeded out. Buddhism is one of only many threads that wouldn't hold my interest. But I like being part of this community, and some of our pals in the community find the subject relevant to harp, so I just delete those bits. That's what the subject line is for, in this case.

I'm reading far more of Harp-l than before because of the switch, and learning things I wouldn't have learned before.

In any case, Harp-l has always been pretty free-wheeling, and trying to kill discussions with even polite exhortations like yours is probably not the most effective way to avoid having to read through them. If you are taking the Digest, I'd recommend switching like I did.