Re: [Harp-L] Home P.A.

jazmaan wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to turn a home stereo amp into
> a P.A. - not necessarily for harmonica, but is there any
> way to hook a Shure 58 into a home stereo amplifier?

At the very least you're going to need a mic preamp to get a line-
level signal from a microphone.  But for my money, I'd buy a small
mixer -- a number of manufacturers make them for less than $100 -- and
run lines out from the mixer to the aux inputs of the stereo.  I have
this setup at home.  Then you can run mics, guitars, keyboards, amp
lines out, whatever you want (including CD players, casette tape
decks, etc.) into the mixer, and pipe that into the home stereo.

-tim