Subject: Re: [Harp-L] re: An alternative view... Melody Makers

I'll say!   As well as in Scotland...where the skirl of a bagpipe  gets any
true Scottish Hielander's blood to flowing....just as it did in those  long ago
days when it led the Clans into battle...

....thanks for that, Winslow.  (One Scottish lassie loving the sound  of the
bagpipes played properly and who took up playing Hohner Echo
tremolos...because it was the closest I could get to the sound).

Elizabeth

 "=== The bagpipe is a marginal instrument."

"Marginal in what way? In North America there are thousands  and
thousands of bagpipers who play in marching bands, travel  to
competitions and festivals, and so on. They probably spend millions  of
dollars a year on instruments, accessories, supplies, travel,  costumes,
and other related expenses. Just because the popular media don't  pay
attention to something doesn't mean it's  marginal."