Re: [Harp-L] An alternative view on the future of the harmonica

On May 25, 2007, at 6:39 PM, Serguei Volkov wrote:

Exactly! Isn't it what the country players also do?

Yeah, they started doing that around? 1975? after I did a slot on WWVA radio (Wheeling W. Va.) and a guest slot on the Ryman Christmas show (with Ernest Tubb) right before they closed the Ryman's doors.

What do you think about the 3 blow tuned up one step? It completes the scale, and gives an additional chord.

I think it's a WONDERFUL tuning also. The only reason I haven't used it (yet) is because I am already too set in my ways and when I try to change things, it only serves to mess me up (big time).

smo-joe

Sergei

smokey joe wrote:

I believe I already addressed this problem. In 1959 I came up with a
diatonic with the 5th and 9th draw reeds tuned up a semi tone and a
windsaver on the 5 blow. Do it and you will open up a lot of pop that
was heretofore unreachable by anyone who wasn't a very advanced over
draw and over blow klepto.

!DSPAM:5614,465765a3178174631784158!