[Harp-L] re: an alternate view

Here's the quote: "most pop music doesn't use the additional notes."

Light My Fire: A min F# minor vamp but the intro is almost a circle of fifths starting with G.
Pipeline (either version the Chantays or the Ventures)play B maj and C maj power chords and alternates a nice Eminor and A minor scale
Stormy Monday has a cool chromatic progression
Ray Charles played with all kinds of crazy jazz chords and progressions so did Johnny Johnson of Chuck Berry fame.
How about when James Brown yells take it to the bridge and the song modulates from ther Ab to Db and he starts yelling "Hit me!"
And Lady Madonna Blackbird, Yesterday...

Key changes and little chromatic hooks are the backbone of pop music.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm