[Harp-L] Range

FWIW

I just completed buying a full set of diatonic harmonicas of all twelve keys in both registers available, thanks to the recent efforts by Seydel. so from low Ab through low Db I have the Sydel blues harp, then special 20s from low D through low F#, Golden Mels for low G through high F# and a special 20 for the high G.

Eventually I'd like to have all Seydels, as I really like the way they play, but that will probably be a gradual transition as the Golden Mels and Special 20s wear out. I'd also like to get a set of the harmonic minors, but I'm a little disappointed I can only find sets with all 12 keys in the Lee Oskar brand.

What I like to do now when I play is to grab both harps in the key I'm playing in and work between the two. I use a lot of octaves and tongue blocking (although I can't bend using TB yet). I like the variety of sounds I can get between the two, and will often use the higher octave harp in second position for soloing.

WTJ

Catch suspicious messages before you open them?with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_protection_0507