[Harp-L] Re: Blue Ringer Mic

Cathy Storey wrote:
> > The sound tech purchased a mic specifically for me.  It is
> > a Blue Ringer Mic.
> > <snip>
> > Does anyone have any suggestions for this type mic?

To which Tim Moyer replied:
<The Blue Ringer is a shock mount rather than a mic itself.  It isolates
<the microphone from the stand, which might conduct vibrations that
<influence the sound.

To which I say:
To be perfectly clear about what Tim said: while Blue makes very nice microphones, they don't make a microphone called the Ringer. So I'd recommend that you ask your sound tech for the name of the mic again.

In general, Blue mics are considered world class. If your sound tech bought one just for you, he must like you plenty. I'd tell him you need a car to get to the gig, too, while you're at it, and see if he buys you a Lexus.

You can see the Blue mic lineup here:
http://www.bluemic.com/

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com