Subject: [Harp-L] female chromatic players

Hi Marc:  Oh boy...I'm purely an amateur compared to so many wonderful
chromatic playing ladies out there....Hermine Deurloo for one..  this link  might
take you to her very interesting site:  _Click here: index2d_
(http://www.herminedeurloo.com/index2d.html)

Susan Rosenberg, Bobbie Giordano (the coDesigner of the Renaissance
Chromatic with Doug Tate), several other women I've watched play in groups  unheralded
at various conventions.

Wally Peterman's wife Valerie has been playing chromatic now for about 3
years.  We enjoyed a little bit of a jam with Phil Caltabellotta on chrom,  Val
Redler on Chord...Wally on  Chord..SmoJoe on chrom, AJFedor on chrom,  me on
chrom...Valerie on chrom...Bill (surname I've forgotten) on guitar, Shelly
Lulov playing keyboard instead of chord...all in the lobby at Buckeye.  Now  THAT
was great fun... I'm still working to overcome my nerves at  playing "out", so
to be in the company of such  heavyweight players helps tremendously.

Gail Albin of our list plays chromatic, but doesn't post very often so you
may have missed some of her fun posts.

There are also other chromatic women players who post on Slidemeister   but
haven't much of an interest in diatonics, or don't realize Harp-L  welcomes all
kinds of harmonicas, thinking it's all "gear talk"  here.

Regards
Elizabeth

"For diatonic players, I have heard of Big Mama Thornton, Annie Raines, and
Sandra Valasquez, but I'm not sure I've ever heard any women mentioned who
play chromatic harp (w/ the exception of Harp-L's Elizabeth). Are there any
other there?

And does anyone know who is playing in the  video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gaZJ-_uEz8&NR=1

Thanks,
Marc  Molino"