[Harp-L] Re: Chicken Shack transcription

Hello, Brian. The tune, "Back at the Chicken Shack", by Jimmy Smith, is
tabbed in the book that I transcribed and recorded for the Hal Leonard
Corporation, complete with traditional music notation.
The name of the book is "The Fast Track Harmonica Songbook" , not "The
Harmonica Songbook",
as I said in an earlier post.

The transcription was made of a Charlie Musselwhite version of the tune.
When I got into the recording studio, the engineer and producer told me that the
tune was too difficult for beginners, and asked me to
dilute it for the recording. The book was designed for beginner diatonic
harp players.

I spent 2 months transcribing "verbatim" the 8 tunes of the book for
publication, and then the producer
and engineer re-arranged the tunes. I wasn't happy with the result.  But, I
was paid well.

Go to Hal Leonard Corp. online to order the book (_www.halleonard.com_
(http://www.halleonard.com) ), or buy it at your  local sheet music store or music
instrument retail store. Incidentally, the  other book I mentioned in the other
post was written by Bobby Joe Holman. I  spelled his last name incorrectly.
Sorry, Billy Joe.

I'm not currently an employee of Hal Leonard, and I receive no royalties
from sales of the book.

John Broecker, former president of The Milwaukee Harmonica Club, Milwaukee,
Wisconsin, USA.