Re: [Harp-L] Recommended Scales on chrom?

Robert Bonfiglio has an very good scale studies.
I would think that most of the music your talking about would use major and minor scales.(Harmonica Rascals)
If you want to get a creative work out on scales I would check out Jamie Ambersol vol. 21.

One thing that is useful is the Blues scale.
Also. knowing when to use b# and e# .

You could get lost in scales. It all depends on how you hear stuff.
When I first started I would try out different scales and i would think man this sounds like crap.
I love the diminished sound that my teacher Larry McKenna used and asked him to teach it to me.
Since it was in my ear I was able to use it right away.

Emile "Diggs" D'Amico

>>> sean stephens <thepriapist@xxxxxxxxxxx> 05/22/07 01:52PM >>>
Hi folks,
I recently bought a chromatic book from Mel Bay,think the author is Bobbie Joe Holzman.
Very comprehensive study of the chrome and quite user friendly,having said that , he covers approximately 14 different scales on a C chrom and speaking personally,even in a lifetime I could never learn off all these, less commit them to memory!
My question is; aside from the Dorian (3rd pos stuff,which I love!), what other modes would you quys suggest are the more important,/relevant scales to work on.
I tend towards Smith,Clarke ,Delay etc but also appreciate Toots' Bluesette for example and listening to Smith's "Peg",its clear he is "pulling the trigger"occasionally ,ie not merely playing Dorian.
For instance,what modes would the Harmonica gangs (Rascals etc )have used most frequently?
Any advice appreciated.
Sean

      ___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for
your free account today http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html _______________________________________________