Re: [Harp-L] re: channeling your anger

The best tip I ever heard about getting ready to perform is "RELAX"
For many years I have run my own 6 person band.
WITHOUT a band wagon.
The musicians mostly make their own way to the gigs.
It is always a worry if someone might get lost or delayed and not turn  up...
So I always ask my musicians to arrive at least an hour before they  have to.
Of course this is not always possible!
When I was playing with the 25 piece Matthew Jones Orchestra it was not so
stressful; because if the Cello or Viola or Trumpet don't arrive it was no
disaster... But if the drummer or bass player in a blues band don't turn up.â
BIG problem.
When I perform I like to sit on the floor of the stage, theatre or where  I'm
going to play and simply "relax".
Sometimes folks laugh at me and say "Hey... John is doing his "Buddha"
thing!".
But it works for me. I ALWAYS play better if I can chill for a while,
sitting cross legged on the floor, before performing.
Best wishes
John "Whiteboy" Walden
London
England