[Harp-L] channeling your anger

Here`s a different take on that subject:
  Over the years I have developed the habit of not eating anything at least 4-5 hours before a gig. Because I play harmonica AND sing, two activities that demand a lot of lung power, I have discovered that playing on a full stomach just KILLS my playing - I have no energy or drive. However, if I am seriously hungry when I start to play, my mood is also kind of edgy, improving not only the technical (breathing) aspect of my playing, but also the psychological attitude (a bit angry and full of pent-up energy). So I always try to get to the gigphysically and mentally hungry. The downside of this, of course, is that at the end of the gig, if I don`t get a meal pronto - look out:)
  Hammer
  www.dovhammer.com