[Harp-L] Re:Be Here Now

I remember that  book being written by Richard Alpert , AKA Babarandas,
during his experimental  time along with Timothy Leary with LSD. Later writing that
as mind altering  as it was, you still had to come down. How true. A
wonderful and segway into  playing in the moment. I certainly make " mistakes" but
have never been a safe  player. One can only practice the instrument to the point
where it becomes a  part of you and passages flow rather be pushed. Very good
longer interpretation  Ice. Anyone that has actually seen me live I think
will attest to skipping over  what may not be so called correct due to feeling
what the player is trying to  express. To me, that has always been the best
compliment I have ever received.  Not, gee, those triplets or whatever you did in
that solo were good, but " Man,  I truly Felt what you were playing." I think
(hopefully, you know I speak my  mind) that most would agree with that. God
knows I have poured my heart out  during my blues band days in bars where when
you were done, all you heard was  glasses clanging and people talking like you
didn't exist. I never claim to be  the greatest or even great, as I always
strive to continue on the path, but I do  play with emotion. The 2000 Masterclass
show, bringing up 14 year old Ross  Garren to do Mean Woman Blues like Sonny
did with me, after only one lesson the  day before while his mother was with
us in the hotel room. Something came over  me, probably Sonny talking to me and
I said, I am bringing you up with me  tomorrow night, wear a suit. I think
the terd is still on the hotel floor:)))  Ross never played out, dont think he
even owned a suit. To look at the proudness  in his father's eyes after the
show was absolutely priceless and is one of my  better memories. Sorry, it all
leads back to playing in the moment. With all the  troubles in the world, and
how hard we struggle, how about a brief one of  the best moments in all your
careers.