Re: [Harp-L] re: Zen Harmonica

Maaaaan, now yall got me  all self conscious and stuff and I gotta play June
2nd in Erie. LOL (I don't gig  too much any more) This has been a pretty cool
thread here, and I think it shows  that diversity is what makes life cool.
What works for one guy won't work for  another sometimes, but you never know
until you try it. When it comes right down  to it, you gotta do what comes
'natchel. I've been dancin' to the groove for a  long time and I'm not gonna stop
now. BUT, when I'm playin' lead on the harp my  mind goes blank pretty much and
it just comes out, moves and all. I've seen  video of it and I don't do
anything but play really unless there's a break I can  accent with my head or
something. I hate to admit this but in the 80's I did  metal for a while, spandex and
all (red and black). I knew at some point during  the night I would be
leaping off of the speakers, but I never knew when. Music  is fun for me. I wouldn't
do it if I didn't get all pumped up and get nervous  before I play. Doing
mostly blues and being a 49 year old man I don't do any  360's or half splits
anymore, but there has been a time in my life where I got  paid because of my
stage presence. I didn't do it to make up for not being able  to rip either. Old
habits are hard to break. Being a harmonica/sax player has  allowed me to keep
playing into my old age. (did I say I'm old?) I'm grateful  for that. I
figure I can keep playin' until I can't breath anymore 'cause they's  a bunch of
old harp/sax blues players out there. Part of my love of  music is playin' with
other people and making it all come together. I don't  get in the way of other
instruments, and I love being part of the team. We all  slow down a little as
time goes on, but every now and then............I think  it's good for the
soul to shake that thang.
         Randy

In a message dated 5/15/2007 10:28:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,