Re: Re : [Harp-L] Seydel 1847

Thanks Winslow..!!

since I'm heavily involved in the development of the 1847 I can only say you're absolutely right.
We've tried to build a harp that is set-up for "normal" play...BUT...an experienced overblower won't have problems overblowing hole 4-5-6.
For overdraws you indeed need to tweak the reeds a little. I've played my prototypes for over a year ..the first few months without any customizing and the last few months I customized them to my needs.
So far I have (on 4 harps).. 2 reeds that start to detune a little but this was no more than 6 to 8 cents which could be heard when playing octaves.

I've planned to offer soon (within 2 or 3 weeks) a customized version of the 1847... as soon as the website is in the air details are available there.

Funny that you mention Jason... last year in France/St.Aignan he played a few of my customized Seydels and seem to like them a lot.
Our new model(s).....YES, there's more to come! are based on what I showed at that time!

If anyone has questions on our new models , please feel free to contact me on:
ben.bouman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

or you can contact Rupert Oysler, our USA representative, through www.seydelusa.com

Ben Bouman

www.seydel1847.de