[Harp-L] Re: what is ODBG ? (was creativity)

The Iceman writes:

>Close, but definitely no cigar.
>
>It means "Old Dead Blues Guys" and refers to Sunny
>Boy I and II, Little Walter, Muddy Waters, etc.

I find it an offensive term.  It is merely
coincidental that the term almost always refers to a
group of people that happen to be black.

The term marginalizes the contribution of black
musicians and black harmonica players by referring to
the players as a group, rather than by name.

Rarely, if ever, are Caucasian blues players lumped
into this category.  People like Paul Butterfield are
always referred to by name.

While this is a harmonica discussion list and blues is
only a small subset of the music that can be played on
a harmonica, the Blues has quite possibly popularized
and advanced the harmonica more than any other musical
form.

Bottom line: It's a disrespectful term.

Be a PS3 game guru.