[Harp-L] top 10 living, dead, and near dead harp players

my top ten:

all apologies for my rock and roll harmonica preference, but the blues had a baby and they named the baby Rock and Roll ( they also had a daughter and they named her Soul ). in no particular order excepting #'s 1 and 10.

1.william clarke
2.andy just
3. mark ford
4. james cotton
5. charlie musselwhite
6. paul butterfield
7. mark hummel
8. little walter
9.sonny boy williamson II
10. cletusaurus rex

honorable mention: steve cohen (milwaukee -and madison for that matter- , geo-historically closely related to the original chicago-style amplified blues harmonica ), paul delay, dennis gruenling, johnny sansone,slim harpo,carlos deljunco, walter"shakey" horton, billy gibson,jelly roll johnson, rod piazza,kim wilson, curtis salgado.
okay, okay, chromatic jazz: . 1.bill barrett ,bbq "backbone" my vote for alltime best jazz album ( sorry miles) 2. mike turk who is probably a top ten diatonic player and a better chromatic jazz harmonica player than toots thielmans ( buy "turks works" if you don't believe me and be your own judge), and 3. toots thielmans .

diatonic jazz:............ NOBODY

one should not properly compare apples to oranges, but that goes without saying.

and no list like this does the many many ass-kicking harmonica players out there any justice whatsoever.

but that's just one man's opinion,

cletus white