Re: [Harp-L] why no on/off switch?

Garry Hodgson wrote:
> my digitech rp300 and rp250 don't have on/off switched either,
> which seems ridiculous.  i can't imagine why they do not.  it
> seems risky to me to have to plug/unplug the power to turn it
> on or off, as i'd expect a higher incidence on tranient power
> spikes.  does anyone have any idea why these are omitted?
> seems unlikely it'd be a cost issue. what would you save on the
> cost of this $150 product.

What I'd *really* like to see on my tube preamp is an on/standby/off
switch, reminiscent of the old Fender tube amps.

Lack of an on/off switch isn't such a big deal on my rack gear,
which I plug into a power conditioner so I can turn on/off the whole
stack with one switch (except the power amp, which I do turn on and
off separately to avoid popping the speakers).

It's really intriguing on a box that had room for a phantom power
switch, mic/line level boost switch, internal/output level meter
switch, mic/line switch, high pass filter switch, phase reverse
switch, 3 pots, 2 1/4" jacks and two XLR jacks, all in less than
half of a single rack space (distributed over front and back).  I
guess they ran out of room!

-tim