[Harp-L] why no on/off switch?

"Tim Moyer" <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> By the way, I was VERY impressed with the Studio Projects VB1.  It's
> very nice quality, a lot of flexibility in adjustment, and not out
> of range of what the other tube preamp stomp boxes sell for.  My
> only complaint is that I wish it had an on/off switch!

my digitech rp300 and rp250 don't have on/off switched either, which
seems ridiculous.  i can't imagine why they do not.  it seems risky to
me to have to plug/unplug the power to turn it on or off, as i'd expect
a higher incidence on tranient power spikes.  does anyone have
any idea why these are omitted?  seems unlikely it'd be a cost issue.
what would you save on the cost of this $150 product.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.