Re: [Harp-L] Re: Top 10 living diatonic players

Lots of times, people refer to the AMOUNT of harmonica product someone has turned out and I suppose they put this figure up as a 'benchmark'. I disagree with this criteria. There have been a lot of people who put out a lot of stuff and the quality suffered.

Example (just for fun). Pierre Fontaine (Pete Fountain), a famous New Orleans clarinetist, once said he wanted to put out 100 albums before he died. WOW, what a goal? I'm SO impressed. Meanwhile, he has so much repititon in his albums that the same stuff has been done over and over and over.

I'm not interested in how much product a person puts out. I'm interested in how much 'acceptable' 'quality' product is being produced. I'm not interested in how much a person earns in an hour. I'm interested in how much they get DONE in an hour.

As usual, just my opinion

Smokey-Joe & the Cafe s (appearing at:......naaah, I'm not saying)