Re: [Harp-L] Re: Art Tube MP

All of the 12A series tubes have a different mu and consequently a different eq. Perhaps a lower gain tube works if you have no other way to obtain a range of volume adjustment in an amplifier. Any amplifier I've ever tried a lower gain pre amp tube suffered from being forced into a narrowed tonal range and sound. I'd rather manage the feedback issues and have access to the wider tonal palette the 12X7 offers. What I want in an amplifier sound is compression especially in the middle frequencies. 12AX7's seem to work better for this particular tone. fjm