Re: [Harp-L] Vocal/harp mics

I make a volume control for low-impedance mics just for this reason. I like the vocal mic a lot hotter for my acoustic harp playing than I do for my singing because I eat the mic when singing and I want to get my hands between the harp and mic when playing. And many of us don't have the luxury of a sound guy at all for some gigs, let alone one who is ALWAYS at the table, predicts what the vocal and harp levels should be and gets them right every time. I couldn't find a suitable product so I developed one. With it, we just set the PA up hot enough for the harp with the control at full volume, and I then I can turn the control down right at the mic when I'm singing.

Info specific to this control is on http://www.blowsmeaway.com/xlr.html

Cheers

/Greg

http://www.blowsmeaway.com
http://www.bluestateband.net

In a message dated 5/9/2007 2:06:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,