[Harp-L] Re: Real creativity / Rod Piazza

Rod has released a lot of good music and does play well. He also has a
strong marketing philosophy based on repeating what was successful note for note
for his packaged shows. Alex Schultz described to me how strictly Rod insists
on keeping to the script during his shows without allowing exploration.  This
was the big reason that Alex left the band.

It is a formula that works for Rod and much of the public. It just doesn't
do it for me - I seek a different experience from live music. That doesn't make
 anyone wrong or right, is not an attack, but rather an observation based on
truths.

I'm sure the jam/show with Alex, as stated by harri.haka, was more creative
and stretched out than the usual package, so the ability is there to improvise
 and create. Rod has just chosen a more controlled approach to his success.

The Iceman