[Harp-L] 12 hole

Brad wrote;

>I like the little third (third position?  Like when you
play in a minor on a diatonic g?  That's third, right?)
antics one might sometimes perform on a standard 10-hole, so I thought
I might compromise with a 12-hole diatonic.
But the Marine 364's tuning, if it's like the 365... and please tell
me if it isn't... has us bending predominately in notes lower than I
care to be in, and sacrificing some of the higher bends/over-blows we
might experience in the higher registers.
<

If you have the "C" 364 (that's an octave lower than the regular MB's)
try tuneing  both of the 1 hole reeds up a tone (becomes D blow , E draw)
the 2 hole blow up a semi-tone ( F on the blow , G on the draw)
& the 3 hole blow up a tone ( A blow , B draw)

The resulting scale would be called D minor with a 'natural 6th'
often refered to as the Dorian mode

This way you gain some of the missing notes but you change the chording

G minor (dorian) will be found by using the same prosedure on a 'F' Richter tuned harp

But it's a long time since Hohner have produced 364 MB's in Low F or D's (shame)
Mox